12 Chapter 12: Applied exercise prescription principles
applied exercise prescription principles
At this point in the class you have learned the FITT-PV for CRE and RT, and how to apply these guidelines to a variety of both healthy individuals and special populations. You will now be applying this knowledge in this lab and will need to recall the specifics of the FITT-PV for this lab.
You will be designing a circuit training session, with the equipment available to you at home.
Equipment: equipment available at your home, interval timer (can use phone or similar app)
Participants: everyone who is healthy will participate (if an exercise needs to be modified or substituted, that can be done)
- Decide the goal(s) of the exercise session
- Select exercises to match the goal(s) of the session
- Specify the order of the exercises
- Specify the work and rest intervals to match the goal(s) of the session
- Specify the number of rotations through the circuit to match the goal(s) of the session
- Set the interval timer
- Participation in the session you designed!
Design and Participate in a Circuit Training Session:
1. Follow the instructions above to design a circuit training session for yourself.
2. Follow your training session protocol.