Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
James Farmer and Rex Koontz
1. Grieder’s Theory of Symbols in the Discourse of Art History
2. The Lack of “Creativity” in Pre-Columbian Art: Terence Grieder’s Early Scholarship and Recent Rock Art Studies
3. The Shape of Place: The Lower Pecos Canyonlands as a Chicomoztoc?
Carolyn E. Tate
4. 1492 BCE: A New World of Pre-Columbian Painting
Reinaldo Morales, Jr.
5. Some Thoughts about Mimbres Pottery and Mortuary Customs
Harry J. Shafer
6. Mapping Motifs and Techniques: Tracing the Development and Transmission of Cupisnique-style Engraved Head Images
Yumi Park Huntington
7. Wari and the Huaca del Sol: Max Uhle’s 1899 Textile Collection at Moche, Perú
8. The Disembodied Eye in Maya Art and Ritual Practice
Virginia E. Miller
Making “Meaning”: Precolumbian Archaeology, Art History, and the Legacy of Terence Grieder Copyright © 2022 by James Farmer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.